[Tango-L] videos for women ´ s technique--could they exist?

Robin Tara rtara at maine.rr.com
Fri Jul 13 16:06:02 EDT 2007

Laura,

Gee, it depends upon what you're looking for. It could be for technique
lessons, but you got technique, kid. It could also be for the best
techniques for teaching women's technique. There are videos available that
tend to be better for one than the other.

In other words, there may be videos teaching "Women's Technique" that are
very well taught, using interesting tips and techniques to teach. But they
may not be demonstrating the most interesting information about the subject.
Result: The student learns a lot of not so good stuff and learns it very
easily and well.

There may be other videos, maybe not even "teaching videos", that
demonstrate unique, creative, thoughtful, and most of all, musical
techniques that may not have a very interesting teaching methodology.
Result: The student learns to dance more expressively and develops her own
style based upon watching, really watching what these women do and then
learning to slip it into their own dance. At all times being under control
of who sees or feels their movements.

Then  there are those who can do both.

I'm sure the list can offer many examples of the first two.
I'm interested in the ones who can do both.

All the best,

Robin

Tara Design, Inc.
www.taratangoshoes.com