[Tango-L] heel or toe spin-off

Andreas Wichter andreas at tangokombinat.de
Thu Jul 12 21:56:57 EDT 2007

Hello Chris,

 >>Don't take this personally, please Andreas, but I find that entirely
wrong.
The feeling is not generated by the placement of feet. The feeling
generATES the placement of feet.<<

Semantics? Or are we talking about two different things? I was talking
about the physical sensation that is generated by placing your weight
on your foot. The dance is also a physical thing, is it not?
I suspect you are referring to an emotional state? That would indeed be
the source of the movement, or its particular quality, and I would
agree. How could anyone not?

 >>Let's not be mislead by a tradition of show-based instruction that
mistakes visible effect for cause - the true cause is invisible
feeling.<<

I do not think I am, for I have received little such instruction...

 > placing your foot (and hers) with care ...
 > can make the woman sigh in your ear.

 >>The placement does not make the sigh. The care makes the sigh... and
the
placement.<<

See above. Let´s clarify terms. And I still stand by my point.

On a further note, Alexis has a point in his post about the navel
gazing. Usually I try to stay away from the semantic nitpicking and
dissecting, and now I do this... Ah well.

Andreas