[Tango-L] Snow in Buenos Aires - Toe First

Deby Novitz dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com
Tue Jul 10 15:25:25 EDT 2007

1st, the snow.  I live here.  It was amazing.  You can read about it on
my blog. (http://tangospam.typepad.com) It was totally bizarre to look
out my balcony doors and see a blizzard of white.  As for the Gardel
rumor, never heard it, and it is not even be mentioned here at all.

2nd, the toe first and then to smooth to the side is taught by many
people. (If we are talking about the same thing)  Mimi Santapa teaches
it, so did Miguel Balmaceda, and many others.  When people walk flat on
their feet in tango it makes them heavy and difficult to move.  Women
also dance with the weight on their big toes.  It makes you very light.
You must have your balance so you don't fall. (Please read this as
weight on the big toes and not as dancing on your tip toes)