[Tango-L] Snow in Buenos Aires!

Alberto Gesualdi clambat2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jul 10 14:17:10 EDT 2007

Hi Huck
I am other Alberto  , than the one mentioned in your posting.

The mention to a voice replacing Gardel, is from a poem wrote by Raul Gonzalez Tuñon, a writer , journalist and poet, on 1936, when the remnants of Carlos Gardel came for their burial at Chacarita cemetery.

The name of the poem is "Death and burial  of Gardel - The death of the singer " , and was read in off by Julio Jorge Nelson , in a film "Carlos Gardel - Story of an idol" (1964), in a part of the filme that showed historic footage of the arrival to chacarita cemetery of Carlos Gardel remnants (february 1936)

The poem ends saying
" Maybe, when the snow fall again over our city,
another voice will be equal "

 Quizás, cuando otra vez vuelva a caer la nieve
sobre nuestra ciudad, otra voz será igual.

ALBERTO