[Tango-L] Fwd: RE: Zwi Migdal book - still there is a place for romantism there..

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Tue Jan 30 21:28:40 EST 2007

Trini,

Still...there is a room for romantism in the generally sad story...
One very respectable milonguero told me that the dancing relations in Buenos
Aires bordellos where often not sexual. I'll try to describe it.

Imagine a young italian man, an immigrant, very alone, struggling in this
new world, very far from his family, no money for anything fancy - only for
a tango dance. He meets there at a dance floor a woman, probably deceived,
very alone, surrounded by unpleasant people, forced to smile them, probably
brought here against her will, without any hope in her life.

They embrace like a brother and a sister, like a son and a mother, united in
their suffering... and dance their tango.

That is more like it, ah?

By the way, dear tango historians, sorry for the strange question, if at one
time in Buenos Aires there were 10 times more men than women, or something
about it, and now it is equal like everywhere, where all these missing women
came from?

How about stories of a young girl saved from the horrors of bordellos by a
brave young lonely man?
Did they meet at a dance floor dancing tango? Does not sound strange to me.

Do I write nosense here?
Igor Polk