[Tango-L] The ZVI MIGDAL group

Tom Stermitz stermitz at tango.org
Mon Jan 29 14:48:28 EST 2007

There is a 1991 movie called "Naked Tango" (Tango Desnudo) that uses
the "white slave trade" as a plot element.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100222/

It is a bit rough & violent, but but gripping and pretty well-done.
The movie explores issues of power/control and desire/passion within
and without the tango, set in the Buenos Aires of 1920s. It is richer
in its own way than many other tango movies, say Assassination Tango.

Here is the plot summary at imdb: