[Tango-L] The ZVI MIGDAL group

Andrew RYSER SZYMAÑSKI arrabaltango at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 13:32:23 EST 2007

It is curious that nobody else picked up the Jewish
Mafia element, and it is not mentionned in the group's
website. We get a lot of crocodile tears about the
slave trade, but we need to remember that it was
criminal organisations like this, disbanded and taken
to court in 1930, that gave ample fuel to the rising
anti-semitism in the thirties. Indeed, the girl who
squealed on them at the time would not have been able
to do so successfully without influential layers of
society [not just in Argentina] moving to the right.
One of the consequences was that prostitution was made
illegal in Argentina a few years later.
 This is what makes the choice of this name more than
ambiguous. Its connotations are not as clear as, say,
"Dead Kennedys".
Incidentally, the band didn't obvously do their
homework on another point: it's "Zwi Migdal", there
being no "v" in Polish.
More info:-
http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/ZwiMigdal.html
http://www.vcn.bc.ca/outlook/library/articles/women/06m_bodies.htm
http://www.cofc.edu/~jwst/pages/Vincent,%20Isabel%20-%20Researching%20Bodies%20and%20Souls%20+.pdf
http://www.diariolacapital.com/2001/12/09/articulo_84.html
http://serjudio.com/rap3251a3300/rap3254.htm

Cheers,

Andy.

--- Lucia <curvasreales at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> Jake Spatz:
>
>   Don't be naive. The Zvi Migdal was notoriously  a
> Jewish  organization. Is this the aggressive
> "forget-me-not" intent of the  group? Yes, I would
> like to be spoonfed...
>
>   Lucia

Andrew W. RYSER SZYMAÑSKI,
23b All Saints Road,