[Tango-L] Chicken Little

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 17:29:59 EST 2007

Yes, Caroline, it can be confusing.  But you'll eventually
find a tango that fits you.  There's no one "right".

Sometimes, I find it informative to watch the way young
children play and move.  Kids often do not have the muscle
inhibitions that adults do, so they move in a way that is
most natural to them.  With no or relatively little
influence about what looks good or what is "right" or
little effect from past injuries.  They simply "are".

Trini de Pittsburgh

--- Caroline Polack <runcarolinerun at hotmail.com> wrote:

> "You might want to reconsider changing your walk admired
> by
> the guys.  I suspect your teacher's walk is influened a
> lot
> by his/her chosen style rather than natural body
> mechanics,
> though it would be bad if you're moving your hips
> salsa-style."
>
> Hi Trini,
>
> this is where I start to wonder who's right, who's wrong?
> My teacher does
> classic tango, and as such, he also talks about moving
> from the pelvis and
> legs such as you have.
>
> I don't know, honestly I don't. I've been told so many
> different things from
> different people, that sometimes I feel utterly lost as
> to whom I should
> listen and pay heed.
>
> But thanks for your suggestion though.
>
> Caroline

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://patangos.home.comcast.net/