[Tango-L] World Pro-Am Dance Championships in Buenos Aires.

=?windows-1250?Q?Ecsedy_=C1ron?= aron at milonga.hu
Thu Jan 25 18:04:31 EST 2007

Keith> Neil, You should check 'small matters' like NAMES before
Keith> writing to a public forum. Sounds to me like you're the "not-

Well, that never hurts... :)

Donnie Burns (MBE - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_of_the_Order_of_the_British_Empire - for anyone who considers such 'trinkets' a reference) is one of the very few in ballroom dancing who maintained a star status for several decades.

Keith> "...Gaynor Fairweather has been found liable for some millions
Keith> of dollars in dance fees in Hong Kong. Perhaps Burns thinks he
Keith> can get away with it in Argentina."

The original story was about Mirco Saccani making a derogatory comment about some insanely rich investment banker student of his, who paid millions of dollars in advance for dancing lessons.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,25689-2298586,00.html

Keith> Sounds like Janis is making the same mistake as Neil. I think
Keith> you should all be more careful about the laws of libel.
Keith> International public figures, like Donnie Burns, can afford very expensive lawyers.

You forget that he is British. Also, he is probably less than ready to ruin his reputation by even just making attempts at suing someone for such a trivial mistake. Not to mention: most countries have very relaxed laws about saying nasty things about public figures, especially when there is no actual misinformation presented. In Hungarian legal practice there is very little you can do if you are public figure and you are called names. (such as our PM was recently called just about everything utterly unprintable, and belive me, the Hungarian language is quite diverse in that area...)

Cheers,
Aron

Budapest, Hungary
http://www.milonga.hu/