[Tango-L] Respect and love of cultures

TimmyTango@aol.com TimmyTango at aol.com
Tue Feb 27 06:08:49 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/27/07 2:02:54 AM Central Standard Time,
azure.music at verizon.net writes:

<< As a musician and someone putting together a stage show involving live
music
 and dance I ask you this, do you think that trad. tango makes for good stage
 performance? >>

The absolute best tango show I have ever seen consisted of nothing but
Traditional tango music. Leandro and Andrea performed Tango Danza in Cleveland
several years ago and the vision of the performance still is clear in my mind.
Laura Salsbury is a reporter for the Cleveland Plan Dealer new paper. She is
extremely educated in dance, and reports what she sees and feels. She tries to
be positive in all her reports but there is always something she catches in
the show, and she says it like it is. Her report of Tango Danza was the highest
praise I've ever read, of any show, and it deserved it. She reported how she
like the costumes and how the 3 couple used all of the stage area, and that
each dance told a very clear story. How the entire theater was totally
entertained for two hours.
I also want to talk about Tango X2 how they used every style of tango in the
show, even social tango.
To entertain an entire theater with just Traditional social tango dances is I
feel a lot harder to pull off, but for me more enjoyable.

Timmy in Cleveland<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL
now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL
at http://www.aol.com.