[Tango-L] Dance what you like

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Mon Feb 26 05:44:03 EST 2007

Nina Pesochinsky wrote:
> In my experience, most
> Americans do not respect their own culture because they do not know
> it.  So how can they respect another culture, such as Argentine?

You win the prize for broad generalization of the week (and please
note I'm not one of those EEUUienses).

Unless, of course, some US natives respond with some cultural stereotypes
about Argentines - God knows there are plenty of those around too, if the
need arises.

It's particularly inappropriate because the Americans who do
not know their own culture aren't likely to be on this list anyway -
chances are they know no culture at all and don't subscribe to tango-l.

Alexis Cousein                                  al at sgi.com
Senior Systems Engineer/Solutions Architect     SGI/Silicon Graphics
--
<If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals>