[Tango-L] Traditional v. Alternative Music

Janis Kenyon Jantango at feedback.net.ar
Sat Feb 24 23:23:20 EST 2007

Two hours ago I attended the first day of the Festival Buenos Aires Tango at
La Rural.  I spoke with a woman at one of the stands in the products fair.
Her company Pattaya distributes tango CDs and DVDs.  She told me that when
they play a CD by one of the new tango groups, people stop by to inquire
about it and often purchase a CD.  However, when they play traditional tango
music from their extensive collection, the music doesn't draw anyone.