[Tango-L] "Alternative" Music....

Kat hellkat_13 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 24 13:39:18 EST 2007

I think it's strange that you see my last email as
angry and one-sided, and that you still think all I
dance is wacky open-embrace nuevo, when the majority
of my experience is close-embrace to traditional
music.  if anything, I was trying to communicate that
what I was avoiding with my preference in who I dance
with, how I dance, what I dance to, and what I respond
to, are absolutes, on either end of the spectrum.  the
first two emails were very sarcastic, the last one was
simply direct.  I have no gripe with classic tango, I
have a gripe with the people who vehemently believe
that that can only mean one thing, and that they are
the person to tell me what that is.

It's amazing to me how many thank you emails I've
gotten from people on the list, who have been
browbeaten out of dancing altogether by these kinds of
tirades.

I'm not angry, I'm irritated and defending the small
patch of ground that I stand on, that I didn't ask for
any company on, but was under attack anyways.  Believe
me, if I was trying to conquer, you would know it.

Everybody needs to lighten up.  The rose in the teeth
thing was a joke.  A comment on living a stereotype.
I understand that tango is about being intense, and
anguish, saudaude, etc.  A person can feel those
things without looking a certain way, or listening to
ONE type of music.  Honestly, the tango purists are
worse than the cliquiest bunch of goth kids.  The
irony of that being that if one is so concerned with
how others percieve loneliness and anguish to be, they
can't possibly understand what it means to truly be
lonely.

As I said earlier, nobody has to join me.  In fact,
please don't!  I just want people to recognize my
right to disagree, that maybe their gospel is not
right for everyone.  It's amazing that my poking fun
at their dogma has unsettled people to the point of
denouncing an entire nation.  Believe me, there are
much better reasons to not like Americans.

Again, I never called it Argentine.

Kat

http://forms.nextag.com/goto.jsp?url=/serv/main/buyer/education.jsp?doSearch=n&tm=y&search=education_text_links_88_h288c&s=4079&p=5116