[Tango-L] "Alternative" Music....

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 24 12:23:57 EST 2007

Good grief Kat, why are you so angry? I don't know if we've ever met but I
can assure you that "aryan" is the last adjective that would apply to my
tango..... I am sad to hear and read such hatred towards something that I
really love. I respect your desire to dance sloppily to whatever music or
noise you like. And I don't care if you only like people who wear cargo
pants and shirt tails out of their pants (actually I've worn such clothing
before). What bothers me is your polarizing and insulting comments. Your
posts sound like some politicians inflammatory rhetoric "If you don't
support my viewpoint or policy, you are with the enemies..."

I and others who disagree with you are not hide bound reactionaries or
slick-haired, costumed caricatures of some ugly, patronizing, derogatory
tango parody. Personally, I'm very proud of my non-aryan, Spanish-American
heritage. I'm not a stiff, rule-following tango dictator. The thing that I
believe with all my heart is that the tango is not a collection or series of
steps and movements performed to just any music. The tango is the dance
"and" the music.

Many of the steps and movements that I see performed under the guise of
tango while some other genre of music plays in the background, do not even
resemble the Argentine tango. I just don't accept that tango is some
performance of tango-based movements performed to some electronic lounge
music, or some circus soundtrack, or some 1970's rock for that matter.
Please do what you want to do, but please stop your sarcastic, venomous
attacks on the tango and some of us who love it.

Thank you,

Manuel