[Tango-L] "Alternative" Music....

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 23 21:08:08 EST 2007

>On 2/23/07, Kat <hellkat_13 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ooh, does that mean we can start alternately calling
> > pure Argentine Tango "Slicked-Back-Hair,
> > Rose-in-the-Teeth, Pretentious Windbag Dancing?"

Oh no, this is really going in a strange direction. I think that the
traditional tango is not known or understood if traditional tango dancers
are characterized as "Slicked-Back-Hair, Rose-in-the-Teeth, Pretentious
Windbag[s]". No wonder some folks are going to the alternative route. They
don't know how really good the traditional tango really is... It saddens me,
not angers me to see the tango music and dance that I know and love to be so
maligned.... Truly, the tango (the real deal) is so captivating and
fulfilling that it needs nothing more. No offence, but all this
"alternative" tango and tango dancing is nothing compared to the real thing.
Please don't give up on the real tango without giving it a chance. I would
beg of all you iconoclastic souls to please learn the authentic tango before
discarding it in favor of some synthetic form of music and dance. Please do
not cast away the tango that some of us know and love.

Sincerely,

Manuel