[Tango-L] Tango World Championship - judging

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 01:18:41 EST 2007

I don't follow ballet closely enough, however, if you ask
Baryshnikov, I'm sure he'd have an opinion.

We all make judgements on dancers when we select partners
at a milonga or when we critique a demo.  But these
judgements are usually kept private.  A Competition makes
these judgements public.

We make judgements on what teacher we'd like to study with.
 As an organizer, I make judgements on who I'd like to
bring in.  To claim that one's tango skill cannot be judged
strikes me as hypocritical.

This thread, though, has been dominated by observers rather
than participants.  No competitor or judge have commented.
Perhaps there are none on this list.  Their comments is
what I would find interesting.

Trini de Pittsburgh

--- NANCY <ningle_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dancesport competitions rely on a syllabus for the
> various levels and for evaluation purposes.  Please
> tell me where I can obtain an Argentine tango syllabus
> that is recognized world-wide.
>
> And Trini:  who IS the best ballerina in the world as
> of Feb. 24, 2007?
>

> Apples and oranges, folks.

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://patangos.home.comcast.net/