[Tango-L] ATM problems

Deby Novitz dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com
Wed Feb 21 22:58:10 EST 2007

For those of you who wrote the list to tell those of us who live here
what  your experiences were last year, two years ago, three weeks ago,
please.  This situation began to happen this past week.  People with
Visa debit cards were having the problem of not being able to withdraw
money from many banks here in the Capital Federal.  They were denied
funds or were given only 100 pesos.  The days did not matter as now even
during the week, people are still having problems.  No one knows why,
there is only speculation.

This has nothing to do with the amount of funds in the ATM machines.
People denied funds on their Visa debit cards were given funds on a
Master Card debit card.
I have a Master Card debit card and there has not been the same
problem.  This seems to be true of others who are using Master Card
debit cards as well.  Today I had no problems using this card.  If you
have a Citibank account and you use their ATMs you will also not have a
problem.

The charges from the ATM are determined by your bank, not the banks
here.  I pay $1 per transaction on my paypal account and nothing for my
Citibank ATM.   At this point if you are coming to Buenos Aires and your
ATM card is a Visa debit card you could potentially have problems.