[Tango-L] Tango World Championship

Huck Kennedy huck at eninet.eas.asu.edu
Tue Feb 20 22:22:11 EST 2007

Chris writes:
> Now Huck that's not true. The Channel was built by the English
> to fend off the cultural depravity of the continent, tango
> included.  And it would have worked too, if a distracting war
> with the Argentines hadn't given the sneaky French the chance
> to dig a tunnel...
>
> ;)

     Well Chris, I happen to know that there was
an English crew tunneling from one end, and a French
crew from the other.  How did the powers that be
inspire such cooperation?  Well they told the
French workers starting out from Calais that
a great French chef was preparing a grand feast
for them at the far end of the tunnel, so they
merrily tunneled away in anticipation.  They told
the English crew starting out from Kent that an
English chef was preparing them a great feast at
the near end of the tunnel.  And they desperately
tunneled away in dread.   :)

Huck