[Tango-L] A Pickpockets History of Argentine Tango

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Mon Feb 19 16:18:18 EST 2007

It is a good article, with feeling, and good understanding of history
( not without historical questions though, as I can see ).
People lived like that everywhere, Trini, in 19 century and beginning of
20th one !

I even put a link to the article on my tango-links page.
But after some thinking, I have removed the link.

The article is made in such a negative light, I do not want my students to
see the tango in.
Sorry, that is the way media works..

I believe there is much more positive can be said and should be said about
the wonderful dance and even its history. Also, I would restrain myself from
viewing history through the lenses of any poetry, like Tango lyrics. Any art
is fiction. It just follows the rules of a genre. This is it.

Igor Polk.