[Tango-L] The Suggested Lead

steve pastor tang0man2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 31 15:42:46 EST 2007

Tango For Her wote:
  "I think that we all find that:
(1) those who agree don't write back to the group
(2) those who don't agree do write to the group. "

  There is at least one additional possibility...

  Some of us disagree but realize that there is no
  possiblity of changing your mind, and have decided
  not to waste our time.

  Nevertheless...

  In my opinion "the finer points of dance" have nothing
  to do with NOT creating a physical connection. That
  physical connection is what enables both haptic
  communication and our perception of our partner and
  their relationship to us.
  Encouraging people to use visual clues can distract
  them from learning to use both propriopercption and
  their ability to sense changes in pressure where they
  are in physical contact with their partner. Those changes
  indicate the "lead", or "where the partner is" in relation
  to the lead and the leader.