[Tango-L] Is she a woman, a follower or an object?

Janis Kenyon Jantango at feedback.net.ar
Thu Dec 27 14:54:58 EST 2007

Trini wrote:
Tsk, Tsk, some of you guys seem to be answering as if the woman is an
object. :)>>>

Tango is danced by a man and a woman.

Last night I danced with a man who called me "plumita" -- tiny feather.
I've heard it before.  For those women who have never been on a dance floor
in Buenos Aires, this is a compliment from your partner.  The man doesn't
want or need to feel the weight of the woman while he is dancing.  So don't
get your feathers ruffled and walk off the floor when you hear this.  Take
it as a compliment.

Astrid wrote:
Two brooms actually, and they look more elegant in the hands of this
tanguero than quite a few women I have seen..They follow perfectly too. >>>

Pocho Pizzarro has danced with two brooms.  He dances better with them than
any woman.