[Tango-L] The Suggested Lead

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 26 13:59:27 EST 2007

>From what teacher did you learn this, who said that:
"We have all learned that a short step is lead by raising your center and a
long step is lead by lowering.."

  Too many to answer.

  Think about it.  If you keep your follower's chest very high, she can only take a small step.

  Now, lower your knees.  Your follower follows you.  Her knees are bent and she can step much further.

  You can also think of leading a very short step by moving your center up and down as if you are going over a bump that is a few inches wide and a couple of inches high.  We all know that works.

Igor Polk <ipolk at virtuar.com> wrote:
  The idea of Tango For Her is wonderful - a leader follows the follower after
the lead.
I understand it very well. It is a very strong idea and it works.

But may I ask you a question, Tango For Her,
>From what teacher did you learn this, who said that:
"We have all learned that a short step is lead by raising your center and a
long step is lead by lowering.."

Igor Polk