[Tango-L] Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 10:17:25 EST 2007

> Krasimir Stoyanov <krasimir at krasimir.com> wrote:
>   No important is where I am from.
> Look all the good performances on youtube. Do you see a
> single one, where
> the leader does not DETERMINE the step? I have yet to see
> any, good or even
> bad, performance where both are equal 50% leaders.

But performance videos are limiting because both parties
are aware of their audience and can change how they dance
for entertainment purposes.  In good social dancing, where
you see a strong connection between a couple, there's quite
often a 50/50 partnership.

It's also not always possible to see when the woman
suggests the step and the man follows.  If the man is
really good, he makes it look smooth because he is
following her and is extremely sensitive.

Don't underestimate how sensitive the really really good
leaders are.  How I would describe dancing with these
Argentines with 30+ years of experience is that they become
one with me, as opposed to asking me to become one with
them.  Sometimes I feel as if they're reading my mind.  It
really does feel as if I'm dancing along and they are
accompanying me.  I've been a very lucky follower.

Trini de Pittsburgh

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/