[Tango-L] A Comedian's Monologue

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 09:41:44 EST 2007

... and, now, to reiterate what Krasimir has said ...

  Imagine a truly versatile comedian ( an advanced leader, if you will ).  He is delivering a monologue ( his lead ) and, as he does, he modifies it based on the responses ( following ) that he gets from his audience ( follower ).

  Given this, in tango, the leader really is delivering a monologue.  I see, Krasimir!

  I accept your notion of a monologue as long as we are versatile comedians!  :o)

Krasimir Stoyanov <krasimir at krasimir.com> wrote:
  No important is where I am from.
Look all the good performances on youtube. Do you see a single one, where
the leader does not DETERMINE the step? I have yet to see any, good or even
bad, performance where both are equal 50% leaders.

People, this is an art form. It is not politics, and please, stop fighting
for equality, it is irrelevant here.

I personally like to follow very much. But when I follow, I FOLLOW. I don't
want to speak, I listen. I am the listening part of the monologue, and there
is much pleasure in it. But you with your prejudices may never feel it.