[Tango-L] Inspiration and Imitation: role models

Victor Bennetts Victor_Bennetts at infosys.com
Wed Dec 19 17:46:54 EST 2007

I think the essence of tango is finding your own style. I hate to use the M word, but that is probably what makes someone a milonguero, that they have refined their dance so much through use that they have their own unmistakable style. I have heard it said in BsAs that a milonguero starts with hundreds of steps and ends up with five, but they own those five steps. To me that is style. Anyway, I don't have youtube at work, but if I had to pick a dancer I want to aspire to be like, style wise, it would have to be Osvaldo and the way he dances with his wife Coca. Apart from his smooth style, I just love that they are married and have been dancing for so long together on and off over the years no doubt through thick and thin, because I get most of my dancing inspiration from my beautiful wife.

Victor Bennetts

Charles> Try to find the one person, male or female, that best exemplifies
either your own style or the style you aspire to.