[Tango-L] Tango Mentors and Retaining Beginning Tango Dancers

Alex alex at tangofuego.us
Tue Dec 18 15:31:42 EST 2007

Hi buffmilonguera!

Thanks for writing...good point... Aspen has had influences from Denver
(teachers and dancers)...and visiting teachers from Argentina and NYC (Robin
Thomas) and Seattle (Jaimes Freidgen). The local teacher/organizer, Heather
Morrow, has been great about bringing in outside teachers. And, the Aspen
community has in turn influenced the Glenwood Springs community - 45 minutes
away.

Very good point though - community level mentoring - I think this goes on to
some degree already - but could be utilized more efficiently.

I know what you mean about the "less gracious". Some teachers and
communities don't realize that it's all good - no competition is necessary
between teachers nor between communities. As an example, if the Aspen
community grows - then that is good for Glenwood Springs tango. If a new
tango teacher crops up in Glenwood Springs, and their community grows - then
that is ultimately good for the Aspen tango community as well. And the same
is true for the different teachers within a community. It's like a symbiotic
relationship.

On a technical note...

RE: tango-L...you have to go to www.tango-l.com and register...

Then, when you want to post, you send an email to Tango-L at mit.edu - making
sure the email is sent from the same account you registered with. Be sure to
read the rules about posting and the subject line requirements on Tango-L -
especially when posting to Tango-A.

I'm sending this message to this list...both your message and my
response...for your convenience...

Take care...happy holidays!