[Tango-L] Re: Don't blame your follower ...keys

Eva Swingo eva_swingo at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 08:56:28 EST 2007

Ten years ago - 1997-1998 - definitely not 'golden era' but anyhow,
I went to practicas a lot with a man in his 60s, born in BsAs,
'a real live porteno' ;-)
but at that time residing in Sweden.

He always had his keys hanging from his belt, like Trini describes
it.
Since he loved leading a lot of boleos and ganchos, the keys were
constantly jingling, whether I hit them or not. And therefore part of
the experience dancing with him.
(hitting them was not my objective :D )

The only trouble with this partner - from my point of view was that
he would never take classes. I had to look for other partners when
Argentinian teachers visited Sweden. He would socialize with them at
the milongas. He prefered exchanging dance experiences with friends
while visiting his hometown BsAs once a year, including how to do
boleos and ganchos.

The proudness of a Porteno, perhaps?

Anyhow, tango was his life, and he practiced it 7 days a week.

Clearly 1990s wasn't the golden era, but I would advice against
generalizing who does boleos or not...

Eva