[Tango-L] Don't blame your follower

doug@swingfusion.com doug at swingfusion.com
Sun Dec 16 11:54:53 EST 2007

<TFH wrote> "the floor is my canvas and the woman is my brush.  If I have
built up her
confidence to the point that she feels secure and becomes elastic, I
wouldn't expect her to be trying to correct for my overwinding of her body.
It takes away from the ultimate art.  And, we have to remember.  The women
are the ones that can dance!  We're just along for the ride, suggesting what

we would like to see!" </TFH>

Then <Astrid wrote>  "why does reading this make me feel uncomfortable?
Starting with the first
sentence, I was beginning to cringe. And arriving at the last two sentences,

no, sorry, Tango-for-her, the flounces that you see swishing by the door is
me outta here..." </Astrid>

Thank you Astrid.  Is good, and rewarding, to hear what women want from
dance.  I work very hard on my lead to create full conversation with my
follow.  My regular partner would walk after the word "canvas", never mind
the rest.  The minute she might even imagine I think she is brush, or
instrument, or anything but full partner in the dance is the day I look for
new partner.  And the day I say that I can't dance but am only there to
dance her is the day she tells me to go take dance lessons and learn how to
dance too.  Oh.  That has already happened.  :-)