[Tango-L] Boleo/ contra-boleo

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Fri Dec 14 01:01:44 EST 2007

I don't agree that if the woman's leg swings around too far and hits the man's leg, that this demonstrates that the Boleo has been led
correctly. On the contrary, it could easily demonstrate that the man has over-rotated or has injected too much energy into the lead. It
could also demonstrate that the lady is not yet skilled enough to control her Boleo. Either way, there's a problem.

It's important to remember that leading a snappy Boleo doesn't depend on force but on timing the change of direction precisely. And
after the sharp change of direction, it's important to slow the woman down so that the over-rotation described in the previous post
doesn't occur.

Keith, HK

On Fri Dec 14  8:33 , Tango For Her  sent:

>And, one surprising aspect, for the woman, is that if it is led correctly, her foot will wind far enough around to hit you in your
thigh!  They tend to like the fact that they appear so flexible.