[Tango-L] Franelear--Have You Tried It?

David Koucky davidkoucky at msn.com
Wed Dec 12 22:40:53 EST 2007

I have always presumed that there was more Jane Austin than Masters and Johnson in Dance.  The sense of romanticism  and atmosphere of affection far outweighs the appeal to hormonal drives and mechanical function.  This is just as well as things that were unwelcome in the shower after gym class are also unwelcome on the gym floor.

It may be possible that the women get a chuckle out of the way my knees turn to jelly and the power of speech leaves my, but it takes little to remind me of the appeal that women have.  After all, it takes concentration to dance tango.  A stammering fool who cannot breathe is not going to have a good lead. Trust me. I was once overcome by sad memories of lost love and vanished tenderness.  I was frozen as the tango filled me with heartbreak and nostagia (imagine that).  My partner of the moment mistook my inaction for a much more base motivation, and brought me back with a few choice words.

My conclusion is that Tango is rhythm, melody, poetry and emotion, but Eros has little to do with it. Sadness, loss, bitterness and anguish yes, but boom-boom and hot cha cha no. If you would get arrested for doing it on the subway, then it should probably not be shared with strangers.