[Tango-L] Franelear -- have you tried it?

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 16:24:47 EST 2007

I think you were conned there Cherie. I've been on the
receiving end of more than one uninvited waist wrap. It's a
situation that always calls for the hand sanitizer before
inviting the next woman to dance. I have been to many
classes in many different parts of the US, and I have never
seen women taught to initiate a leg wrap around the man's
waist. Believe it or not, women here are generally taught
to follow the man's lead.

While it is very dangerous to make any generalizations
about people, particularly about those from the US, I will
take the chance and say that I find it extremely unlikely
that any woman could be unaware of the message that
wrapping her leg around a man's waist sends to every man in
the room. (Understanding that the man didn't lead her to do
that.) American men are not so different from Argentine men
that we can't recognize a blatant proposition. I suspect
that the "shocked" response by the woman in your example
was entirely feigned.

Sean

--- MACFroggy at aol.com wrote:

One time Ruben takes the lady out to dance and after the
tanda whispers to me that I have to explain to her that
wrapping her leg around the man's waist gives a certain
"impression" to the Argentine milongueros.

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/