[Tango-L] What is tango?

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 14:59:54 EST 2007

Gosh, I'm glad that for my practicas, which I deejay, I
don't need to base my selections on what other folks want.
I figure that is what milongas are for.  For practicas, my
focus is on teaching and it's difficult to work with
beginners (who tend to arrive early) to alternative music.
This is the main reason I choose to save alternative pieces
for the last 30-45 minutes of a practica.  I'll include it
as a fun break for those who have been working hard, doing
their exercises, etc.  Perhaps Colorado's practicas are
more socially oriented?

Trini de Pittsburgh

--- Alex <alex at tangofuego.us> wrote:

> Mis dos centavos...
>
>> > Hello,
> >
> > This is a quick update regarding changes in the DJ
> guidelines. The board
> > has changed the guidelines to include nontraditional
> (alternative)music
> > through out the practica rather than limiting this to
> the end of the
> > evening. This comes from the results of the surveys
> which indicate the
> > majority of the membership wants this change.

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/