[Tango-L] Musicality. What is it?

musette fan musettefan at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 14:09:48 EST 2007

I agree, I would much rather dance with a man who knows a song by heart!  Because he
has internalized the music, not only is he freer to actually dance and spontaneously
express himself with more variety, depth of feeling and sensuality, but he is also
freer and better prepared to pay some quality attention to his partner!

For me, there is no question that getting to know a piece of music really, really
well, for dancing, listening, or playing, tango or any other style, is far more
interesting and pleasurable and not at all limiting musically.  On the contrary, it
seems like it provides a solid foundation from which to soar.

Terri