[Tango-L] Musicality. What is it?

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Wed Dec 5 03:09:20 EST 2007

Huck Kennedy: "You will be seriously handicapped unless you always know
exactly which note, phrase, etc. is coming next in the song."

You are "seriously handicapped", if you can not dance tango ( musically ! )
to an unfamiliar song !

However, your advice about the CDs is excellent. Frankly, I do not belive it
will help you in any way if you do not KNOW HOW TO DANCE musically, but
listening will bring a new listener to a pretty unfamiliar world of Tango.
Real Tango.

I know some people who did not like tango and especially traditional tango.
But after starting listening more and more, they learned how to find quality
in the music. Especially, if they had successful dances to that music.

As for me - it is my music. I did not need to listen to it to become
familiar with it. I fell in love with it as soon as I have heard first
several beats. Tango is in my heart !

Igor Polk.