[Tango-L] musicality ( and sets )

Thorsten Zörner mail at thorstenzoerner.de
Mon Dec 3 15:55:16 EST 2007

On 03.12.07, at 17:34, NANCY wrote:
> Actually, most DJs in BsAs play three tango sets, then
> a milonga set, three more tango sets, then a vals set.

Dear Nancy,

just out of curiosity, which milongas in Bs As are you referring to?

I only know of other... ehm, let's call them "cycles":
Canning, El Beso, any day - T T V T T M

 From my more distant memory:
El Arranque, Monday matinee - T T V T T M
Maipú 444, Wednesday matinee - T T V T T M
Lo de Celia, old place - T T V T T M
Sunderland - T T V T T M
Porteño y Bailarin - T T V T T M
La Glorieta - T T V T T M
La Marshall - T T V T T M

Only Niño Bien does it differently, but less tango, rather than more:
Niño Bien, thursday - T V T M

To further explain what I actually mean:
Each T stands for 4 Tangos, each V denotes 4 Valses, each M is 3
Milongas.

Saludos de Buenos Aires,
Thorsten.