[Tango-L] musicality ( and sets )

NANCY ningle_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 15:34:43 EST 2007

--- Crrtango at aol.com wrote:
. Recently I was at a milonga when a set
> started with Fresedo tangos, then
> went to DiAngelis tangos, played a cortina then went
> to Pugliese tangos, all
> before changing to a milonga set.

Actually, most DJs in BsAs play three tango sets, then
a milonga set, three more tango sets, then a vals set.
 The dancers count on this pattern being used when
thinking about their next partners.   I like it
because it gives me a rest from the intensity of the
tangos and gets the blood flowing back into my brain
but I am not so wired/sweaty/panting from a series of
fast milongas that I can't mellow out for a tango.  Of
course, they use cortinas and actually clear the floor
between sets and even give you a moment between each
piece within the set to have a friendly exchange of
words.  Still searching for that in the US where
everything is more rushed.

Nancy

<<Rito es la danza en tu vida
     y el tango que tu amas