[Tango-L] Musicality in Tango Dancing

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Sat Dec 1 09:26:57 EST 2007

Steve,

I'm sure you haven't just realised this, but you're absolutely right.

The way top professionals can always make their dancing fit in perfectly
with the musical phrasing is often what separates them from the rest of us.
I just wish I knew the secret, but I don't think there is one - some people
are just naturally more musically gifted than others.

But I do agree with Tom's recent posting on how to include musicality in
the teaching of basic steps to complete beginners. You can't start too
early, even if very few seem to 'get it' at that time.

Keith, HK

On Sat Dec  1  0:52 , Stephen.P.Brown at dal.frb.org sent: