[Tango-L] Fw: Expanding social dancing to exhibition level?

Lois Donnay donnay at donnay.net
Thu Aug 30 11:33:38 EDT 2007

How about a Jack and Jill? They do that in West Coast Swing and some
Ballroom competitions. You select the partner you dance with by picking a
name out of a hat right before you dance.

Ballroom dancers don't know the music they will compete to in advance. I
have competed in ballroom using no choreography, and did well. The judges
were impressed that it was all "lead/follow".

How about we line up 50 leads and 50 follows. Everybody dances with
everybody, then puts the name of their favorites in a hat.

Or we could just record the conversations in the bathrooms at the milongas.

Louisa Donnay
Minneapolis