[Tango-L] Expanding social dancing to exhibition level?

Krasimir Stoyanov krasimir at krasimir.com
Tue Aug 28 08:41:01 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith" <keith at tangohk.com>
To: "Tango-L" <tango-l at mit.edu>
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] Expanding social dancing to exhibition level?

> Everything else, such as leading every individual step of the Giro is BS.
> Unless, your still plodding around, doing single
> Giros to a very slow beat. Fine when you're learning or dancing with a
> beginner, but boring after a while.

Why labeling something as BS so easily? If a normal "social" couple cannot
do it, doesn't mean it is BS
Ok, what if we have a good leader and a good follower?
I can tell you - in this case EVERY INDIVIDUAL step, pivot, cross -
whatever - can be lead, no matter if the beat is slow or fast. Actually, the
faster the beat, the more I need her to follow my lead instead of "helping"
me with steps of her own  When this happens, (the lady does the steps on her
own), she slows me down eventually because of the lack of connection
involved with it - I must disconnect - otherwise her steps will lead me -
unfortunately this is not an appropriate thing to happen under normal
circumstances.