[Tango-L] Expanding social dancing to exhibition level?

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Sun Aug 26 07:07:53 EDT 2007

> The man leads the Giro and the woman dances it. What
> is so difficult to understand about that?

The word "lead", for starters. I think it is agreed what it means in
improvised tango, but in your world of prescribed sequences, not even
the Prescribers themselves agree e.g.:

Manuel: "Obviously the man is leading the woman to take each and every step"
Keith: "leading every individual step of the Giro is BS"

> Chris - do you actually know how to lead a Giro without having to lead
> every individual step?

Nope. I leave that to the weak leaders who rely on the girl doing
the prescribed sequence.

Chris