[Tango-L] Leading Cross

Krasimir Stoyanov krasimir at krasimir.com
Tue Aug 28 08:03:24 EDT 2007

Making the lady cross is really easy if one stops thinking of its own body.
Think what you (the leader) are supposed to do to her body. One must learn
to feel what is happening to her body in response to your action. This is
the lead - it is not so important how you manage to do it as far as it works
(and is comfortable of course). So there are many possibilities - if only
the follower knows how to follow, and the leader how to lead. Then all the
options below are valid.
The cross is nothing more than well controlled (and properly modified)
walking - that's why I don't need the automatic crossing and don't like it
at all.