[Tango-L] To lead or not to lead

NANCY ningle_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 17:12:38 EDT 2007

There are at least four guys that I dance with here
and in BsAs who never dance the cross, so all those
women who are automatically crossing "at the 5 of the
'Basic 8" are going to be in for some stumbles.  There
is a lead for the cross.  When I get it, I do it.  .
Many guys, failing to get me to do an auto cross, lift
their right shoulder to get me to move.  A slight
contra body movement would do it without the strain.
Of course, they are the ones who are accustomed to the
auto-cross followers. And many followers auto-cross
because the leaders don't give them that extra beat to
make their cross.

 Hector at Nino Bien and Lo de Celia  starts a lead to
a cross and then makes me do a small, tight boleo
around my  own right foot.. using the momentum of my
movement just as he would any other boleo.

But what do I know?  I am only a follower.

Nancy