[Tango-L] Womans' Front Cross

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 24 15:28:03 EDT 2007

> Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:00:17 -0400
> From: spatz at tangoDC.com
>

> I've heard things about "the code of walking" too, from reputable
> people. But I'm unconvinced. Perhaps it has value as a stepping-stone
> for students. My current practice, however, is to shy away from things
> the student will have to unlearn.
>
> (This approach, I admit, may not prove the best; but it's the one I've
> stuck to for a while and the one I intend to stand by for some time yet.)
>
> Jake
> DC

Hi Jake,

I agree that teaching stuff that later has to be "unlearned" is not the best way to go. However, it's very difficult at times to get a certain idea or movement across  without teaching something that later is proven wrong by an exception..... At any rate, I respectfully disagree with you on this. I don't think it will ever be necessary for a tango dancer to unlearn the code.... The sequence of steps in the giro is pretty much cast in stone.

Manuel