[Tango-L] Fame and photos

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 18:59:35 EDT 2007

--- Crrtango at aol.com wrote:

> the milongas). So-called "close embrace" (or milonguero
> or whatever) has been
> around for almost a century. It is sad when the
> traditional way of dancing is
> forgotten or ignored to the point that someone can come
> along and market it as
> if it were a new way of dancing.
> Cheers,
> Charles

Susana never marketed it as a new way of dancing.  In fact,
it was quite the opposite.  If you're from New York, I can
see where you might not see her influence or see what the
effect her work (and those of her students) has had on
smaller cities for tango.  And the fact that this list has
seen numerous heated arguments from people around the world
over terms like "milonguero" is evidence of her influence.

Happy tangos,
Trini de Pittsburgh

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/