[Tango-L] Paiva vs El Indio (Barbara Garvey)

flame@2xtreme.net flame at 2xtreme.net
Tue Apr 24 13:37:15 EDT 2007

>    2. Re: Paiva vs El Indio (Barbara Garvey)

I only posted the videos to share them, not to hold them up as examples of
"The Best" of You Tube tango. When I fell in love with tango, I thought if I
took lessons from a good teacher I'd learn the correct way to dance it. I
quickly learned that not everyone agreed on what was the correct way. For
just one example, "It's a rule that the woman crosses when a man takes two
steps to the outside." But, "It's a rule that the woman should only cross
when lead."
Damian and El Indio are examples of the extremes and without being
perfect, there are things to enjoy. Mariana's footwork is beautiful and El
Indio's playful intrepretation of the music is fun and original.

I wish you could share the wonderful video you made of Orlando which I was
fortunate enough to see. He really was one of the great dancers of the salon
style and surely those clips would be "The Best of You Tube tango".

Best regards,
Flame