[Tango-L] Pudding

Clif Davis clif at clifdavis.com
Sun Apr 22 09:43:25 EDT 2007

Hey Jeff, just got this message and couldn't resist. One of my favorite
places to fight is "inside" where I can use hooks and knees and elbows,
then move outside for more leg work. Sort of like dancing close embrace
and then moving to distant frame for hero, sacada, gancho and things
that need more room.

Interestingly enough, I bring dance theory into the martial arts classes
I teach and MA theory into the dance classes I each. Body mechanics is
basic to all movement.

One of the concepts I enjoy working with (and teaching) is  timing
happens  on the  beat or numbers of the music, the dance happens between
the beats. On the beat, the head should be above the shoulders, which is
above the hips, which is above the weighted foot. The movement from this
position to the next position, is where the dance happens.

Anyway, cheers and best wishes...
Clif