[Tango-L] Jennifer Bratt and martial arts

flame@2xtreme.net flame at 2xtreme.net
Wed Apr 18 16:35:43 EDT 2007

Thanks for posting the link to Jennifer's website, Fan. I looked at her video
tutorial on using little taps for embellishments and used them at a practica
last night. Why should any male dancer have a problem with a woman
learning embellishments from someone with such gorgeous footwork? One
of life's little mysteries...
Oh, and by the way, Taichiquan is the BEST martial art!!! Seriously, it's great
for tango because it teaches how to always remain on your axis. See my
video of my teacher here (I'll be posting some tango videos soon):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H9X39qMsYk
Thanks again,
Flame

One of my favorite resources for women's dancing style is Jennifer Bratt's
website: http://www.close-embrace.com/embellishmentarchive.html

She has a wealth of information about developing a nice style for
embellishments, how to do them well and how to use them tastefully. But
she doesn't just talk about it. She shows you what she means by posting
detailed illustrative examples on YouTube. She embeds them in the
tutorials above. Here's her member site on YouTube.