[Tango-L] Seeking members for a "Tango Professionals" organization

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Wed Apr 18 14:37:01 EDT 2007

Dear Tango Aficionados,

My partner Deb Sclar and I are extending an open invitation to anyone who is
accepting money for Argentine Tango services (tango teachers, tango DJs,
milonga/practica hosts, tango organizers) to join me in forming a new
organization for Argentine Tango professionals.  The initial focus would be
on the Boulder/Denver/greater Colorado area, but could broaden if interest
and energy warrants.

We are imagining that anyone in the invited group could join, but that
voting privileges on some issues at least would be restricted to those who
are making half or more of their income from offering Argentine Tango
services to the public in the United States and Canada.

Initially, the primary purpose would be to come up with a code of ethics, to
which all members would agree to adhere.  Members in good standing would be
allowed to affix a seal to their website/stationery/etc. so that the public
would be aware of the expected standards of conduct for this member.  Like
other professional organizations, a mechanism would be in place to report
problems with members, and create consequences for unethical behavior.  For
example, if a member were arrested for unlawful sexual contact, it would
probably be difficult to maintain one’s good standing in the organization.

Eventually, other services might well be offered, as member energy and
interest dictate.

If you have any questions, we’d be delighted to discuss these ideas in more
detail as soon as possible.  Please contact us immediately if you are
interested in joining such a group, or in forming one in your area.  While
we will respond enthusiastically to all serious inquiries, the best thing
would be to meet in person to discuss our plans.  My partner and I will be
teaching/DJing/performing/hosting the following events in the near future –
we’d love to talk with you about it:

Thursday, April 19th,  7pm-8pm – Teaching at Tango Colorado Boulder
Practica, 2123 Pearl St. Boulder  www.tangocolorado.org
<http://www.tangocolorado.org/>

Friday, April 20th ,6:30pm – 2am - Teaching, DJing and performing at the
Mercury Café’, 22nd & California, Denver www.mercurycafe.com
<http://www.mercurycafe.com/>

Saturday, April 21st, 7pm -2am - Teaching, DJing and performing at the Dance
of the Heart Milonga, 3213 Walnut, Boulder  www.danceoftheheart.com
<http://www.danceoftheheart.com/>

Sunday, April 22nd , 5pm-8pm – Teaching at PreEminence Hall, 3213 Walnut,
Boulder www.danceoftheheart.com <http://www.danceoftheheart.com/>

Monday, April 23rd 8pm-10pm – Teaching an Advanced Tango Class, Avalon
Ballroom 6185 Arapahoe, Boulder www.avalonevents.org
<http://www.avalonevents.org/>

Tuesday, April 24th 7-10:30pm – Teaching and DJing at Tango Colorado
practica, Denver Turnverein, 16th & Clarkson, Denver www.tangocolorado.org
<http://www.tangocolorado.org/>

Saturday, April 28th, 1:30pm – midnight – Teaching, performing and DJing at
Derby Dance Studios, Colorado Springs www.derbydance.com
<http://www.derbydance.com/>

Friday-Sunday, May 4-6 – Teaching, DJing and performing in Madison,
Wisconsin – contact Craig Rypstat www.movementjunkie.com
<http://www.movementjunkie.com/>

May 19 – June 2 – Hosting TangoIntensivo™ sessions in Buenos Aires with
Luciana Valle www.danceoftheheart.com <http://www.danceoftheheart.com/>

June 26 – July 3rd – Teaching at Third Annual “Tango-In-The-Woods” Tango
Retreat, Vieback, Sweden – contact Alex Gorski www.tango.dk
<http://www.tango.dk/>

July 10-22 – Hosting Colorado Tango Encuentro with Gustavo Naveira and
Giselle Anne, Boulder, Colorado www.danceoftheheart.com
<http://www.danceoftheheart.com/>

All the best,

Brian Dunn & Deborah Sclar

Dance of the Heart

Boulder, Colorado USA

303-938-0716

www.danceoftheheart.com <http://www.danceoftheheart.com/>

‘Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time”