[Tango-L] musicality

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Tue Apr 17 19:40:00 EDT 2007

> 'en el compas' ... his definition of it is that the ankles go exactly
> past each other on the half beat.

That was generous of you, Randy ;) The article says

 Good technique means having good, relaxed posture, being centered right
 over your ankles as they pass close to each other exactly on the weak beat

which I respectfully suggest is nonsense. In contrast to your:

> I try to show them that there is a quality to the *way* that one takes a
> step... The velocity of the step does not stay the same in any one place.

... what's called "articulation" in music, and indeed at the heart of
expression in the dance too. I hope one day to meet your guys and girls ;)

--
Chris