[Tango-L] Pudding

Fantasia Sorenson bichonheels at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:04:36 EDT 2007

One of my favorite resources for women's dancing style is Jennifer Bratt's
website:
http://www.close-embrace.com/embellishmentarchive.html

She has a wealth of information about developing a nice style for
embellishments, how to do them well and how to use them tastefully. But she
doesn't just talk about it. She shows you what she means by posting detailed
illustrative examples on YouTube. She embeds them in the tutorials above.
Here's her member site on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=BewitchingBlackLotus

No dry theory here! She can do it and she shows you what she means.
The only useful exercise I get from Tango-L posts about technique is for my
mouse-clicking finger when I click "delete". Discussions about dance
technique tend to get very rarified very fast. Then they devolve into a
debate over choice of words. Not much in it for me and my dancing.

Now, far be it from to suggest that anyone in particular might not know what
he or she is talking about! But in the absence of an illustration, I just
don't understand what's going on.

Fortunately, in today's tango world there is now YouTube. There's no excuse
for telling without showing. You with the ankles and you with the knees and
you with the beat and you with the half-beat and all the others with this,
that, and the other heel walk and toe walk...

Let's see it!

C'mon, who doesn't have a video camera anymore. Probably a lot of us can
even shoot video with our telephones. If you have a great idea, take 15
minutes to shoot it and post it on YouTube. Then give us the link on the
list. In YouTube others can even post video replies. If it's worth knowing,
then it has to be worth seeing. Dance it!

Give it up guys. Let's see your stuff.

... Fan pulls up a chair ...

The proof is in the pudding.

Fan